It's fun to stay at the...YMCA!

This post isn't about me on a skateboard, but here I am on a skateboard. Cool eh? This post is all about the first day of my Easter holidays! Mum has arranged some convoluted system, feudal no doubt, of give'n'take with Max's mum and dad. Today though, I was to be transported to the 70s dance anthem that is YMCA. I went once before Christmas, and it was good. 
Today the actual YMCA was great, but the arrangements and other incidentals weren't! Here's how it went.

My version of my day:
  • Packed off with lunch, spare clothes, £1 for the tuck shop and Black Power Ranger to the YMCA
  • Ran off to play with Lego, didn't say bye, met up with a friend from junior school who I know from Coastguard (after school club)
  • Went to the adventure playground, had lunch outside, met Mum and Aunty Em after lunch when Aunty Em gave me an extra £1, went swimming where we played lifeboat -v- shark games, had two chews at the tuck shop, got picked up by Daddy at 6pm.
My parents' version of my day:
  • Mum gets lost in Somerstown as she thinks a road is closed (it was only half closed). Even I realise she is lost, and ask her "Why are you driving in a big circle?"!
  • At work, Mum's friend Isabelle says "Is Ben going swimming?" as her children go there too. Mum realises she didn't think the swimming was for under 7s this week. She phones Dad up to check if he can go home at lunch time and get my kit. He can. Mum phones the YMCA and a grown-up asks me if I want to go swimming, I do. Dad phones Mum at midday and says "Sorry I forgot to check my diary, I have a meeting. I can't get Ben's swim stuff." Mum goes mad and arranges to spend her whole lunch hour and 20 mins on a 35 mile round trip to get my swim stuff. The problem however is that Dad lost my new swimming shorts the other week at my lesson, along with my old swimsuit so I am buggered if Mum can't find an old one, or buy one along the way. She manages to get the shorts part of an old sunsuit and schleps across town with Aunty Em in tow to deliver said swim kit. Aunty Em slips me an extra pound for the tuck shop
  • Dad picks me up at 6pm
  • We arrive home, without swim shorts or towel
  • Also I admit to having lost the change from the £2 tuck money, after buying only two small chews.
Do we call this a successful day? Hope so cos I'm back there tomorrow!