Ben's school helps local toy library

The News - 22/9/10 - page 3
Click here to read the story in The News

Today as soon as Ben saw me in the playground, he dug out from his bag a photocopy of the newspaper page (left) and showed me his picture!

We'd had a letter from school asking for donations to help the Connors Toy Library that had been vandalised recently; hundreds of toys were either stolen or damaged. Ben found a game he got from Grandma as a present, which he said he wanted to donate to help.

I'd explained as best I could what had happened. I then read the same explanation from him in the paper! 

Ben Curtis, four, also donated a puzzle to the collection. He said: 'Naughty people broke the other toys, so we gave them our toys to help. They are bad people. I hope the police are going to catch them.'

I am very proud of Ben for helping, delighted he is in the paper, and impressed that Moorings Way Infant School are doing their bit to help.

(Written by my Mum, I didn't want all of the attention....! - Ben x)