 |
We had a visitor while we were planning our Puddle Hallowe'en Party- Winnie the Witch! Aka Matilda.
She was wearing Mummy's hat, so I wore hers.
Incidentally, she was visiting because her mum and dad bought a new freezer and delivered their old chest freezer to us, so Mummy could fill it up with food she's made. Apparently. Allegedly.
Matilda's mummy has a very ripe belly, the baby is due to come out next weekend but Amanda hopes it will arrive each day ... watch this space! |
 |
The Puddle'en (geddit) party!
Attended by:-
Max Erin Elizabeth Johnny Bobert Me and Poppy - who came late cos she won Silver in Trampolining competition! Well done Pops! |
 |
Erin's mummy, Ally, made me these lovely cakes. She apologised for the messy icing, but I think they're fab.
My mum told her of the time she made cakes for work and they were really badly iced. To get away with it, my mum told all her workmates that I did the icing and they all said "Oh that's so sweet, lovely". She got away with it completely. She did own up later on though. |
 |
The Mummy Game
Each team had to be the first to mummify their team member. None of the children apart from Elizabeth wanted to be a mummy at first, but as soon as they saw Cal (JoniBobs' mum) do it, they all wanted to.
Let's just say that three rolls of toilet paper later ...
|
 |
Apple bobbing
I was really good at this! Some of the girls needed help, but I had about three goes. I continued bobbing when everyone had left.
Mum kept going on about that Hercule Poirot episode last week. Dunno why.
|
 |
Hallowe'en Bingo
My mum spent a few hours this morning drawing and cutting out this seasonal game. We tested it on Matilda, Amanda and Uncle Ben and it worked.
We played it, and Elizabeth and Erin won! Here are Max, Bobert and I playing it by ourselves here. |
 |
Here are Johnny and Bobert, affectionately known in Puddle circles as the JoniBobs.
Their dad poo-poo'd the pumpkin idea, and stuck with swedes. And they had fake tealights, courtesy of their clever mum. Fab idea and so safe. Those were my mum's words, not mine. |
 |
Elizabeth, who lived up the road in Bertie Road, is a year younger than all of us and still attends Puddleduck Nursery. She is the oldest girl now and top of the tree.
Here she is in her good-witch outfit, and football-style pumpkin.
|
 |
Max didn't want a picture dressed up.
|
Here are my mum and dad, scary eh?