The Sleepy Shepherd

Oh which way do I exit? Luvvie Ben exits stage left
Review by Mummy
Warrior reception class at Moorings Way Infant School performed The Sleepy Shepherd on Thursday last week. Ben was a shepherd, but as he was keen to point out, not The Sleepy Shepherd. It is a lovely nativity about a shepherd who can't stay awake to count his sheep. 

Ben's line was "Wake up Sleepy Shepherd and count your sheep!" which he practised at home. Very. Loudly.

My tissues remained unwrapped as, far from blubbing, we, the audience, were laughing most of the time. Miss Harris had clearly worked extremely hard with the Warrior class, and a lot of the work was done during the performance! Reminding the narrators, asking Mary and a shepherd (not Ben!) to behave. They were brilliant. Better than Ashleigh from Corrie who appeared as Jack from Jack and the Beanstalk the following day at the Kings Theatre! (Review to come later.) (As is the story of the black eye that Ben got that lunchtime...)

Hats off to Warrior class and to Miss Harris for a fantastic show. We were all very proud of our children. 

Did I mention I was Mary when I was 6? And look how I turned out!