Pizza over ear please

GUEST POST BY MUMMY
As is the long-honoured tradition in the Stacey-Curtis household, an ear doc's appointment is to be followed by Pizza Hut. (Yes it is the Hut now, not the Hat as Ben used to call it. I'm sure if I called it the Hat, he'd moan that I was being silly.)

Nana and Grandad are staying with us at the moment, and of course they came with us. They had however been out to lunch too, and we mustn't forget the carrot cake at the Tenth Hole this afternoon must we? (I also partook as I was on a half-day holiday).

This was a routine follow-up to see if the grommets are still in. They are! They are deep rooted and not in the place near to where they go when they are ready to fall out. (That's what the doc told us - confused?!) However he has a low-grade infection on his left ear, granulation they call it. He has been prescribed drops and it may be that after a cold, he has to have drops. We have to keep his ear dry for 4 weeks, until the next check-up. He can't have a shower and we must be careful in the bath. Also he can't go swimming, which is a real shame as he's doing really well at the moment. Ho hum, can't really moan. Watch this space!