My parents evening...

Tonight, the dreaded parents evening. My mum remembers the time in 1981 when Charlene was No 1 with "I've never been to me" and she was laying on her bed listening to it worrying about the upcoming parents evening. You see, she'd been naughty, along with half the class, in the bible class and the vicar wasn't pleased. They had a book with scenario pictures in, and they had to write in them what the people were saying. On one page was a picture of an old lady who had spilled her shopping all over the road. The speech bubble was there to be filled in. Guess what they all wrote? Yes - "Shit"! Well what do you expect? Anyway the very strict headmaster said that he was going to tell all the parents! He didn't though.


Anyway this is all about me. My parents came home chuffed to bits with mine and I think I'm allowed to have a little proud moment, don't you? I'm doing very well, one of my teachers "toppies" as she called us. And I'm being assessed on Year 1's writing criteria! Numeracy great, construction great, the only thing they forgot to discuss was my reading. I've gone up two levels and am doing fine, no worries, but my mum just wanted to ask if there was anything else she could do. 


My prize for doing so well is a new dictionary (what a prize?) and a Lego set. Well done me!