Prince Ben


Trust me not to read the school letter properly. Ben started talking about dressing up as a prince for the Royal Wedding, and I thought Hmm I'd better look at that letter again. I'd read the bit about the Royal Menu, and chosen Ben's flatbread option (cheese and ham, if you must know) but didn't see the first paragraph!

Children are invited to dress up as a prince or princess to celebrate the Royal Wedding. 

Agggghhhhhh! If I was being mean, I'd just get him to dress up like this again. But I'm not. So prince it is. 

Ben's idea "If I haven't got a prince's outfit, I could just make a crown, put on some smart trousers, and my party shirt, and a tie. Job done."  Job done in your mind, my dear boy, but I'm the one who has just raided the Art'n'Craft trays in our house trying to find crown materials. I am quite pleased with the crown I've made, in all of 30 minutes. The gold and black material inside does actually have skulls on it, but who's gonna see that? 

Watch this space, I'll be uploading a picture of Prince Ben in full regalia tomorrow! He may also wear it to our Alternative Puddle Wedding/Easter Party that Max is holding on Friday. 

Do you think he looks a bit like the Baby Eating Bishop of Bath and Wells?