Today is the last day of half term. I keep saying I'll be in Year 1 in a few days but I've got that one wrong by a few weeks!
After a morning of homework and muffin-making, we met up with Sam and Tori and Annabelle at the Other Staunton Park, the one opposite the farm. We had a picnic, comme toujours, and then played.
Two funny incidents: Firstly, the wind blew Tori's hat off into the lake, but my mum saved it with her cricket bat.
Secondly, a young lad in a wheelchair with an outstretched plastercasted obviously broken leg was being wheeled by his dad down the very steep hill towards the lake. Sam said that it was an accident waiting to happen, given the hill's gradient and the lake at the bottom. At that point, the wheelchair tipped up and the poor lad was thrown, outstretched leg first, onto the grass. For some reason both my and Tori's mum nearly wet themselves. And wished they'd had their mobiles ready.
After the picnic, boules, football, exploring, climbing and al fresco weeing, we went to Pizza Hut. Tori played on the broken DS and I on my dad's PSP. AAnnabelle had yummy Plum French bean, beef and apple casserole. We of course had pizza!