My first school sports day - The Hare and the Tortoise
on
Get link
Facebook
X
Pinterest
Email
Other Apps
I think my parents were more excited about my first school sports day than I was. A letter had been sent home explaining that our school was to once again hold a "traditional" sports day. None of this team malarky, this was pure and simple - first, second and third. Plus a sticker for everyone who took part, and lots of praise for all.
Nana and Grandad were here staying, so they came to watch too. The sun was out, it was glorious. We sat on the opposite side of the field to our audience, so we were in the shade under the trees. We each chose two races to participate in, and we also chose a spare just in case there weren't enough competitors in a particular race. I chose running and egg and spoon. My spare was balancing the beanbag on your head. I didn't get chance to do the balancing one.
As predicted, one of the Eddies won the running race. I didn't really get enough speed up, and slowed down towards the end!
However I won the egg and spoon race! Here's a video to prove it, and a picture of me with my certificate and 1st sticker. My dozy mum didn't realise I'd won until we were halfway home and she saw my sticker!
I am in the red football shirt, and blue hat. I would've been third, but the two in front dropped their eggs, allowing me to scoop the prize! See I remembered The Hare and the Tortoise...