Ben has been away on holiday, that's why! I am writing this for him, because as you know, he usually beavers away at the laptop to create his own blog.
He was taken down to Deepest Darkest Cornwall the day after school broke up, by his Nana and Grandad, to spend a week in Millbrook. Whilst there he rowed a dinghy, went to the beach, swimming pool, crabbing, rock pooling...Generally had a fab time. Then my parents dropped him up to his Grandma and Grandpa's, who were taking him to Starcross in Devon for a week in their caravan. There he has been crabbing, riding his bike to the Double Locks near Exeter, gone to Exeter Quay, ferried across to Exmouth...
We are going to see him tomorrow, and then I'm going to spend another week in Millbrook with my parents and Ben. Poor old Glynn has to work.
So have we missed him? Well the first week it was weird, I could get up later for work. In the afternoons I went to visit friends, or just sat on the sofa reading. Bliss! I had two Fridays off. Lunch with Sam at Pizza Hut in Gun Wharf. Dinner out with Glynn at the Wine Vaults. Housewarming party at the Hunts with no child to entertain. Lazing in bed til nearly midday the day after. A Hat and shopping trip (cut short by false rumours of riots!) with Sam. So no not really, I didn't miss him.
But this week has been harder, mostly because I've had to spend four whole days at work! I know that sound awful, but I usually finish at 1pm on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday. But due to workload, I did a full day. I think I confused everyone in the office! So it's been too busy to miss him this week.
But last week at the housewarming, Johnny fell over and as he was having a cuddle from his mum, I got a pang of missing Ben's cuddles.So what I'm really looking forward to is a big strangling hug from him tomorrow.