The day I went to a party I wasn't really invited to


Johnny was invited to the 7th birthday party of a girl in his class. Because his mum was going out, he was coming for a sleepover with Bobert - but we had to get ourselves invited first! Luckily the birthday girl's mum said we could all go. So off to Horizone we went, along with my mum and dad.







My mum let us have 29 minutes of play post-party (1 minute deducted because of bad behaviour or cheekiness in the car, just to show she meant business) and then she adopted the age-old Victorian mum stance. She sat outside the bedroom door at 10pm threatening to split us all up (Bob was in my bed, I was on the campbed and Johnny was on the blow up bed under the bed) if we made any noise. After asking if we could whisper (no), snore (no), cough (no), sneeze (no), breathe (no), she realised what we were up to a shut us up. At 10.15 we were all snoring. 

Until 6.30am! Then we got up and I made my friends their breakfast in the easy room. We amused ourselves until 8am when we woke up my dad.