I have to do everything round here!

Due to a technical c-up involving mobiles -v- home phones, I wasn't able to go to Max's house. Instead I had to stay at home while mum had a boring outplacement telephone call that lasted an hour. (She talked about interview techniques ready for next week's scary day of teaching in my school.)

At numeracy/literacy drop-in, Mrs M reported that I'd been lippy in class. No fair, I shouted when told this. Mum said case in point, whatever that means. Anyway mum said that if I didn't buck up, I won't be allowed to go Park Wednesday.

To show her what a good boy I am, during the hour conversation, I managed to eat my tea (pasta 'n' pesto and yogurt followed by Weetabix), do some paragraphs practice (my choice - Mrs M said I'm lacking in confidence in literacy) and put Kung-fu Panda on to watch. And NOT disturb mum. For a whole hour! I think I made a good start on buttering the old bird up.