I left my new football card book at the Jonibobs' house yesterday. I did cry cos I missed it, and Cal offered to drop it back today. Our kind mums contrived a park meet for this drop off, at Yellow Plum Park.
Whilst waiting, for them I flirted with Bella and then later on Amber, but my heart is with My Boys, and they soon arrived. We found another boy, a Finn of - believe it or not - Professor Mungleton's own class - who was playing footie with his dad. We joined in, and despite a bad tackle by me, well twice, we played well. When I say well, Johnny and I were Engerland, and Bob and said Finn were Scotland (?). Finnsdad was ref, but a few moments of sulking and Bob changing to ref, we had to call on the subs bench. MUMS IN GOAL! Yes our dear mums played in goal, my mum was the Scotland goalie, and Cal Engerland's goalie. Cal has height on her side, my mum doesn't. In fact she was rubbish, at one time I was approaching her goal, dribbling and about to boot one in - and she shouted NOOOO! I actually stopped and she "saved it".
Mum hopes she doesn't get asked to play like this in normal Park Wednesday! She didn't feel dizzy once though...