Not quite Day 1 of Summer Holidays

My mum will go mad if I start calling it Summer Vacation, from Phineas and Ferb, for we are not American. And we don't have 104 days.

Today is the last Inset day, and even mum has the day off today, having worked extra minutes here and there for the last few months to make up her 5 hours.

We said goodbye to Grandma and Grandpa, I played more Subbuteo and made my Premier League and Champions League. The fixtures are as follows with the results as of now:-

PREMIER LEAGUE
Manchester United 3 - 3 Man City
Chelsea 1 - 1 Southhamtom
Pompey 0 - 1 Doncarstar
Liverpool -v- Newcarstale - currently being played 4-2, final result to come

CHAMPIONS LEAGUE
FC Twente -v- FC Bayern
Marseille -v- Shakhtar Donetsk

(I hope you like my spelling.)

We went to the park to see Max on bikes. We were on bikes, not him. Well actually he was, but you get what I mean. He actually has a new bike which is well cool. We had a vague picnic and played in the sun.

NEWSFLASH
Final result
Liverpool 5 - 3 Newcarstale

We lasted 3 and a half hours in the sun, before mum started getting hot and bothered. We said bye to Max, who went home for a late lunch. We called in to the library to start our Story Lab thing, where you get an award for reading 6 books over the holidays. Mum's card got a load of extra books added to it, funny how those computery things are meant to help but actually don't.

Then it was off to Jonah's house where we played Hall Football and broke his mum's light. I built a fire station out of Duplo for him in his bedroom, I used the instructions fancy that! Mum tried to get me to go home for tea, but Lisa asked me to stay and chow down. We had turkey dinosaurs, mini waffles and spaghetti. I didn't like the mini waffles, because I thought they'd be more like the big ones, like a hundred square I said to my mum. (Mum can't understand why mini ones are not just like bigger ones but smaller.)

Mum went out in the evening with Oscar's mum to see Ella's mum. They get together every now and then for gossip over cups of tea and come back late and tired!