Paddling pools On Wednesday Erin invited me round for a fun day of paddling in her gigantic pool, while the mums gossiped and got ready a barbeque. My mum was really impressed that her mum could do the barbie on her own. Not that they're not capable, just that, well usually DADS do the barbie! Anyway Erinsmum admitted she was cheating and produced a disposable one. Not that it came without difficulties, she forgot to take it out of the cardboard box before lighting! Anyway we had a fab day, our mums got in the pool too and drank their bottle of Pinot Grigio Blush resting on a lilo as a make-do bar. Class. If only all summer days could be like this...
Picnics On Thursday, we were invited to a group picnic at QE Country Park to say goodbye to Joshua, Joe, Amelie, Cora and Andy. Our friends we met when Joshua was 11 weeks and I was just born are off on a two year jaunt to South Africa. What an adventure! The only odd thing is that Joshua has to be at school at 7.30am!
We went to the picnic with Oscar, Tals and Felix, and Jonah, Lottie and Bea turned up too. We had fun building and rebuilding a bivouac den thing. We then climbed up someone else's.
Stone-age people My mum is quite impressed with this. After the picnic on Thursday, we were hot n bothered so went to Eastney beach to cool down. I made a new friend and played Fetch with a broken spade and a rake in the water. We kept drifting down the beach, due to the ever-present current. Luckily as my friend's mum was too busy on her mobile to even notice that her child was swimming out to past his chest, my mum swam with us and helped us out when we attempted to swim out too far to fetch said objects. The water was extremely warm.
When I got home I made this stone-age man out of, well stones, and sellotape. I hope no one saw me taking these stones from the beach!
Picnics On Thursday, we were invited to a group picnic at QE Country Park to say goodbye to Joshua, Joe, Amelie, Cora and Andy. Our friends we met when Joshua was 11 weeks and I was just born are off on a two year jaunt to South Africa. What an adventure! The only odd thing is that Joshua has to be at school at 7.30am!
We went to the picnic with Oscar, Tals and Felix, and Jonah, Lottie and Bea turned up too. We had fun building and rebuilding a bivouac den thing. We then climbed up someone else's.
Stone-age people My mum is quite impressed with this. After the picnic on Thursday, we were hot n bothered so went to Eastney beach to cool down. I made a new friend and played Fetch with a broken spade and a rake in the water. We kept drifting down the beach, due to the ever-present current. Luckily as my friend's mum was too busy on her mobile to even notice that her child was swimming out to past his chest, my mum swam with us and helped us out when we attempted to swim out too far to fetch said objects. The water was extremely warm.
When I got home I made this stone-age man out of, well stones, and sellotape. I hope no one saw me taking these stones from the beach!