School's out for summer

Both mum and I have had a tiring week. On Wednesday she had to rearrange work to see my sports day. Grandma and Grandpa drove 200 miles to see me in one race! Apparently I shouldn't have gone for a wee when I did because I missed my first race. I came third in the running race (against Year 2s you know!) but got the wrong Well Done sticker! (I am second from right in this picture.)

Thursday was mum's last day with her kids and she got 4 gifts! Bottle of wine from teachers, chocs with a beautiful handwritten label from her morning boy, a cake from a girl in her class, and a notebook and bookmark from her afternoon boy. She was very touched.

The GPs came to their first coffee morning at school too, I ran off without a bye your leave. The grandparents were treated to Thursday Football with the Jonibobs and a surprise appearance by Ev and Blob!

Mum had an insect day Friday but I had my last day with the Year 2s. They got a t shirt with all their photos on it and a booklet, so Mr Gurney bought us 5 Year 1s a little gift. How nice of him.

We also got thank you notes for our gifts to the teachers and TAs; were they expecting gifts?!

So this is our first joint end of term. Mum is shattered and I am whingey. I suspect we are both both, but she has been trying to hide it.

We ended the day with cricket and a slide show of Dad and Uncle Chris when they lived in Scotland. Dad smiled a lot then, while Chris looked like Compo. I saw their willies in the bath!