Trees The Rose in June public house near the prison has been an alternative venue for weekend Beer O'Clocks. We haven't been for over a year, and the last time some other Puddlers tried to get in, they wouldn't let them. This is not because of their reputation on their pub crawls, merely a private party. Today however Elizabethsdad called BOC at the RIJ for 4pm ish. Amazing beers (I'm told), tree climbing, football, folk singers, Morris Dancers (we missed them) and a bbq - what more could folk want?
Tanks After a quick picnic at Canoe Lake, where dad bumped into Roger (with whom he used to work), we dispatched mum off to do the weekly shop (dad gave her money for a cup of tea in Costa first), we went to the D-Day Museum as it was free. I'm sure the best bit is climbing on the tanks, which you don't even have to go inside for! The dummies planning the D-Day landings (and I mean dummy models not thickos) freaked me out a bit. Cue nightmares tonight...
Test matches Fridays are sport-filled days now, with football after school, and cricket instead of the pub! I have been to two sessions now, and dad thinks I need to practise throwing and catching. Mum said she'd play cricket on the common after shopping today. I won with 31 runs, dad came second with 26 and mum lost with 15 runs (she left on a loo run). Mum said she'd take the set with us for Park Wednesday this week.
In other news, dad and I are supporting Italy tonight in the Euros, and mum is supporting poor Spain. I'll wager my 16 swopsie Euro cards that she's backing the losers.
Tanks After a quick picnic at Canoe Lake, where dad bumped into Roger (with whom he used to work), we dispatched mum off to do the weekly shop (dad gave her money for a cup of tea in Costa first), we went to the D-Day Museum as it was free. I'm sure the best bit is climbing on the tanks, which you don't even have to go inside for! The dummies planning the D-Day landings (and I mean dummy models not thickos) freaked me out a bit. Cue nightmares tonight...
Test matches Fridays are sport-filled days now, with football after school, and cricket instead of the pub! I have been to two sessions now, and dad thinks I need to practise throwing and catching. Mum said she'd play cricket on the common after shopping today. I won with 31 runs, dad came second with 26 and mum lost with 15 runs (she left on a loo run). Mum said she'd take the set with us for Park Wednesday this week.
In other news, dad and I are supporting Italy tonight in the Euros, and mum is supporting poor Spain. I'll wager my 16 swopsie Euro cards that she's backing the losers.