Day 1 in Year 2

My darling mother insists on taking photos of me starting each school year. It was like water under a duck's bridge to me, no sweat. I am in Mrs Marshman's class - she is a local sleb to us in Cornland because she grew up near that place wot where my mum did. I shall show her my Wrinkle spear. My mum wants to translate that as a spear fashioned out of wood found on Portwrinkle Beach that I want to show her, as she will undoubtedly (big word for me) know the aforementioned (used it before) beach.

In other news, mum had a good day at school.

In local news, a nearby cat charity has closed its doors today after funds have dried up. Spokesperson Crimea River said "It's a shame but we rely on charity well-wishers and in these times of fiscal drought, people don't seem to be chucking money into fountains anymore."

Donations can be made to the charity "Taking the Cat Pee".