This weekend my mum went to see some old group or other that she liked when she was like 16. She went with the other old birds, Cal and Sam. Think they were called The Cult - I heard them and said I liked them but Adam Ant was better. (She's done a gig review on her Facebook page apparently.) Whilst she was away, Dad and I got ready for the car boot sale that we were going to do the next day. I worked hard sorting it all out.
Mum got in at 3am and slept in the spare room. However she woke up when we got up at 6.30am for the car boot. I saw the t shirt she'd bought, it was awesome but Dad said it was expensive at £25! She joined us at 11am when we'd already been there for 3 and a half hours! I was quite adept at this point at telling people the prices and collecting the money, and counting it. To be fair most of the stuff we sold was from my toy collection. But I know I have to sell toys if I keep wanting new ones!
After the entry money (£6) and the £4 I spent buying toys AT the car boot, we made £29 each! I went straight down to John Lewis and bought the Dino Lego kit, the XT4 and a Lego Ninjago spinners set. When can we do the next one?
Today, Monday, it's Jof's birthday so we went to drop off a present and card to Max. We found them in the park and played for a bit before we walked back to their house with them, as we were parked outside. We noted the horrid dog poo outside their door. I got told off for stepping in to the road. Not good.
Mum got in at 3am and slept in the spare room. However she woke up when we got up at 6.30am for the car boot. I saw the t shirt she'd bought, it was awesome but Dad said it was expensive at £25! She joined us at 11am when we'd already been there for 3 and a half hours! I was quite adept at this point at telling people the prices and collecting the money, and counting it. To be fair most of the stuff we sold was from my toy collection. But I know I have to sell toys if I keep wanting new ones!
After the entry money (£6) and the £4 I spent buying toys AT the car boot, we made £29 each! I went straight down to John Lewis and bought the Dino Lego kit, the XT4 and a Lego Ninjago spinners set. When can we do the next one?
Today, Monday, it's Jof's birthday so we went to drop off a present and card to Max. We found them in the park and played for a bit before we walked back to their house with them, as we were parked outside. We noted the horrid dog poo outside their door. I got told off for stepping in to the road. Not good.