We've had what Mum would call a "home weekend". Doing things around in the community and riding around on our bikes not the car.
Friday started off with cricket. Conrad now goes too, and Mum bumped into one of her OFs (other friends). We didn't get told off by Harry's dad this week, result! And we didn't get chucked out of the pub later on, double result.
I went to football this week. Bob didn't come, but I was on Emile's team. I scored a hat trick thanks to the super duper new shoes Dad bought me in Sports Direct on Thursday evening. Come to think of it, that's why I also got Player of the Week at the school footie club.
Dad's been stripping again. Not content with steaming/scraping/ripping off the two layers of wallpaper in Mum's easy room, he's started on my den too. Strangely that is also green underneath, Mum's favourite colour. It's like she knew... I helped Dad a bit with it, on the promise of £1 for clearing up.
Mum and I rode our bikes to Yellow Plum Park (the one near my school) and I met up with some Year R girlies who obviously loved me and my football. When they'd gone, it was time to impress the older boys with whom I tried to play tag. I shouted on my departure that I would be there next Saturday waiting for them, and that I had two balls. They were very polite, Mum said, as they didn't laugh at me.
Sunday was Beaver Parade. I don't know why Dad laughed at that. I had to go to church for an Easter service, can't quite remember what it was called, but I know Ascension Day is next Thursday. Mum and Dad came too, and an old lady in their pew helped them go up to be blessed by the priest.
Afterwards we rode our bikes round to the Messengers' new house. Complete with an en suite kitchen and several pull-down bed scars, it's a massive house and so big in fact, that Bud and Jof have two double beds in their bedroom!
Elizabeth's dad called BOC at 4pm but failed to turn up til gone 5pm! We met the JBs there, and their cousins Hat Trick and Ollie. Hat Trick's mum got told off by The Witch (The One Who Moaned About Erin a while ago) but it didn't spoil our enjoyment of a fun pub afternoon.
We rode our bikes home along the shoreline, clearly ignoring the No Cycling signs. Phuh, they'll be stopping us riding on the common soon!
Tomorrow brings the May Fair at St Mary's Church. An ill-timed beer festival, but as I don't drink beer, I shall be OK. We are meeting en Puddle there after a trip to B&Q to buy this flipping birdcage wallpaper that Mum likes and Dad doesn't. I think Mum's out of her (bird) cage.
Friday started off with cricket. Conrad now goes too, and Mum bumped into one of her OFs (other friends). We didn't get told off by Harry's dad this week, result! And we didn't get chucked out of the pub later on, double result.
I went to football this week. Bob didn't come, but I was on Emile's team. I scored a hat trick thanks to the super duper new shoes Dad bought me in Sports Direct on Thursday evening. Come to think of it, that's why I also got Player of the Week at the school footie club.
Dad's been stripping again. Not content with steaming/scraping/ripping off the two layers of wallpaper in Mum's easy room, he's started on my den too. Strangely that is also green underneath, Mum's favourite colour. It's like she knew... I helped Dad a bit with it, on the promise of £1 for clearing up.
Mum and I rode our bikes to Yellow Plum Park (the one near my school) and I met up with some Year R girlies who obviously loved me and my football. When they'd gone, it was time to impress the older boys with whom I tried to play tag. I shouted on my departure that I would be there next Saturday waiting for them, and that I had two balls. They were very polite, Mum said, as they didn't laugh at me.
Sunday was Beaver Parade. I don't know why Dad laughed at that. I had to go to church for an Easter service, can't quite remember what it was called, but I know Ascension Day is next Thursday. Mum and Dad came too, and an old lady in their pew helped them go up to be blessed by the priest.
Afterwards we rode our bikes round to the Messengers' new house. Complete with an en suite kitchen and several pull-down bed scars, it's a massive house and so big in fact, that Bud and Jof have two double beds in their bedroom!
Elizabeth's dad called BOC at 4pm but failed to turn up til gone 5pm! We met the JBs there, and their cousins Hat Trick and Ollie. Hat Trick's mum got told off by The Witch (The One Who Moaned About Erin a while ago) but it didn't spoil our enjoyment of a fun pub afternoon.
We rode our bikes home along the shoreline, clearly ignoring the No Cycling signs. Phuh, they'll be stopping us riding on the common soon!
Tomorrow brings the May Fair at St Mary's Church. An ill-timed beer festival, but as I don't drink beer, I shall be OK. We are meeting en Puddle there after a trip to B&Q to buy this flipping birdcage wallpaper that Mum likes and Dad doesn't. I think Mum's out of her (bird) cage.



