Last day at infant school

This photo has caught me mid-play. It's a pirate hoot about getting diamonds for Blackbeard's cleaning-obsessed wife. I'm trying to rock the Adam Ant/Johnny Depp look here.

The leavers' celebration included a presentation with photos of us starting our journey in Year R, to the latest ones, our teachers old and new, dressing up days, trips and fun activities at school. Some of the girls cried during this, but I kept a dry eye. Not sure I can say the same for my mum though.

At the end Miss T (our TA) dissolved in a flood of tears. She has been at the school the same time as us so it was the end of her journey too, for she is to do teacher training next year in my mum's alma mater.

It's nearing pick-up time as my editor/mum writes this. I bet it will be an anti-climax, as was the drop-off this morning. I just ran off!

I for one can't wait til the end of the summer hols as i can't wait to start at Meon! I'll miss H but there's always the park.

End of an era. Six weeks in limbo...