Contemplating my two races, obstacle and skipping, neither won but a good effort on both. Here I am after my last infant school sports day. As Professor Mungleton has remarked on his blog, it's getting to the "last" of things. Last sports club. Last football (I think, and Mum hopes cos we're beaching tomorrow anyway).
It was the usual baking affair, and I don't mean cakes. Mums and dads were sweltering while we got to sit in the shade. MC Marshman on the 1s and 2s, hardcore, she knows the score. Introducing the races, she announced that this year, girls competing in the balancing race would not be able to use pony tails to aid them. This was clearly ignored, but the funny thing is, the girls didn't know and still tried to balance that ring as if they really needed to. Miss Bell needs a starting gun next time - the amount of false starts! How do you get them back, bless, when they're half way up the field? There was the usual amount of accidental pushing out of the way, competitors missing first place because they glanced over, and so on. I went to the toilet before my second race. They pulled the race because of me, and I got told off on my return! At least I ran two this year; last year I missed the second because I was in the toilet (spot the recurring theme?) and they didn't let me run! MC Marshman asked all of us children to give our families and griends a round of applause to thank them for coming to watch us. It was like a live outside broadcast to Outer Mongolia for we ignored her totally and carried on chatting! "That's what they thought of that!" said MC Marshman.
Today is the school disco just for the departing Year 2s. Having been teased by my parents, I am NOT repeat NOT dancing with any girls. I will dance with Harry only. Lucky Harry says Mum! This is a first for me, going to a disco. I have eschewed anything like it before, when I was young due to the loud noise, and more recently due to dislike of "girls' things". I am going now because it's been billed as a party not just a disco. What am I going to do when they haven't got Red Scab by Adam Ant, or Sabotage by Beastie Boys? Or maybe they will have them, who knows. Why does my mum not answer me when I ask "Why don't we hear One Direction on the radio Mum?"
Mum is waiting to whizz me off to the splash park straight afterwards to meet up with the PuddLads. She did want to go to the beach instead of the disco, but I told her the disco was important man. Sheesh, you just can't get the parents these days.
