Today promised cricket training mixed with dodge ball and football. The JBs were dropped round ours at 830 which made Mum get up earlier than usual.
We were dropped off complete with packed lunch, drinks galore, whites and bat. Mrs M's sons went too plus some other lads.
When my mum came to pick us up at 3, I rushed over to tell her I'd been told by the coaches that I had perfect bowling skills and had scored 4 sixes in a row. We had only practiced cricket though.
Lewis met us and we all went for a celebratory dip in the sea, mums included. It wasn't quite as warm as yesterday.
We played football on the stony beach and I made a miraculous save - the ball looked certain to go into the sea but I raced down from the top of the beach to a low tide and kicked it to safety. You could say I tackled Neptune himself. I got myself Not Told Off for this heroic act (for it was Lewis's ball).
After Lewis's departure, we made a pile of big stones. Heaven help anyone tripping over them tomorrow. We also sledged down the stony hillocks on our body boards.
Sausage'n'chips later, we were called home by a cross father who couldn't find the garage keys that my mother also couldn't find, duly located in the bottom of her bag - "tangled up with the umbrella", she said. Of course she reminded the cross dad that it wasn't all her fault for he had broken his garage key in the lock and had failed to replace it.
In other news, a fish was flushed today. In less recent news, I have been quoting "I know nothing" with a Balearic accent. I can also say "She go crazy" and "No, Siberian hamster". Can you guess what I've been watching?
We were dropped off complete with packed lunch, drinks galore, whites and bat. Mrs M's sons went too plus some other lads.
When my mum came to pick us up at 3, I rushed over to tell her I'd been told by the coaches that I had perfect bowling skills and had scored 4 sixes in a row. We had only practiced cricket though.
Lewis met us and we all went for a celebratory dip in the sea, mums included. It wasn't quite as warm as yesterday.
We played football on the stony beach and I made a miraculous save - the ball looked certain to go into the sea but I raced down from the top of the beach to a low tide and kicked it to safety. You could say I tackled Neptune himself. I got myself Not Told Off for this heroic act (for it was Lewis's ball).
After Lewis's departure, we made a pile of big stones. Heaven help anyone tripping over them tomorrow. We also sledged down the stony hillocks on our body boards.
Sausage'n'chips later, we were called home by a cross father who couldn't find the garage keys that my mother also couldn't find, duly located in the bottom of her bag - "tangled up with the umbrella", she said. Of course she reminded the cross dad that it wasn't all her fault for he had broken his garage key in the lock and had failed to replace it.
In other news, a fish was flushed today. In less recent news, I have been quoting "I know nothing" with a Balearic accent. I can also say "She go crazy" and "No, Siberian hamster". Can you guess what I've been watching?

Comments