![]() |
| Do I look like David Gower? |
Thursday last week, I went to play with E from school. He is in the year below me, but he thinks I am cool. I know he's a good friend because I told him to do arm farts, and now he can. To his mum's delight I'm sure. We played in the his paddling pool and squirted each other with a water pistol. It was fab!
On the way home we stopped off for a game of cricket in Yellow Plum Park with the JBs. I didn't realise that yellow cards were given out for bad behaviour in cricket; what colour card do you get for picking at an already sore scab?
![]() |
| Two blokes and a fish |
That evening, Dad suggested we go to the Still and West, Old Portsmouth, as we should do something "together" as we aren't going to see him for a week. I was very pleased at this suggestion, and told Dad he and I should wear a shirt. I even asked to wear my aftershave. I know that the adults go to pubs like this when they are not with us; it's not like the Pub What We Was Banned From, they do serious things in these sorts of pubs. I want to do serious things too. Mum and I made up word searches for each other. Mum and Dad had fish and chips in paper, yummy!
![]() |
| Six! |
Friday was a day for me and Mum. We had the idea of going to the Umbrella Museum at the Groundlings Theatre (because the inventor of the umbrella was born on that site near The Hard). We were going into town, stopping to look at books and toys, have lunch, then pop to the umbrella thingy. We did all those things well except getting to The Hard. We ran for a bus showing Gun Wharf. But did it go to Gun Wharf? Don't be silly! It came FROM Gun Wharf. We ended up going in our home direction - an expensive trip!
We stopped off en route to challenge The Messengers to cricket. Mum caught me out! We had a missing middle wicket but a drink bottle filled the hole.
Saturday I went to football, as usual, and then in the afternoon, we were invited up on the Hill to the Roundtable annual President's BBQ. There were lots of kids there and we played football and made Jenga/play-do snacks and aeroplanes. Mum drank Pimms but wasn't mad for it. At home, I met my neighbour-but-one's grandchildren and we played cricket over on the common. This was before we heard the news that a boa constrictor has been let loose just a few yards down the road, with a "minimal" risk apparently! Tell that to me when it's sucking the life out of me.
Today it's Sunday and after a Wii playing session with my new friends from two doors up, we are relaxing before Random BBQing chez les JBs in two hours time. By this time Mum should have packed for our mini-holiday at Nana's before our family holiday the week after. The million dollar question is - will there be a family swimming bag?



Comments