I know, I know. I haven't blogged since like AGES. So here goes on a whistlestop tour of Wot Ben Did in Feb since my last blog.
Half-term saw two Lego events. The first, and by far cheaper, one was Shipbuilding in the Dockyard. Taking two buses, we attended with Max n Bud. They Legoed, having been observed by some Captain with scrambled egg on his shoulders, and saw pals from school. We watched and I saw kids from school. We Extreme Picnicked outside and made our way back via one bus to Max's house for - guess what - more Legoing. Well again, Bud and I chatted and drank tea. Another bus got us home in time for tea. The second, more expensive, Lego event was the film. We liked it, but we can't say too much about it as Glynn hasn't seen it.
Nana and Grandad visited us, hoping to see a football match but guess what? Waterlogged pitches. Just for a change. They've only played one match this year!
I had a little planned procedure at QA hospital after half-term which meant I had to wear these lovely flight socks. Ben and Glynn looked after me very well, but these socks really annoyed me when my toes started poking out.
My university gang got together to celebrate Katie's wedding to the lovely Phil at the end of March. I wasn't feeling 100% but we did have a laugh and the day was as beautiful as the bride (and her baby daughter). Ben stayed at home as Grandma and Grandpa were visiting, having gone to Grandma's cousin's husband's funeral (Ken). We swapped houses!
We caught up with Nana and Grandad - happy birthday Dad!
Shrove Tuesday. I remembered a bit late so we had to have them after swimming. But oh my, they were awesome (helped by the blue milk Grandpa left I think). Lemon and sugar for me, honey for Ben. Ben did a fair bit of tossing (yes we did snigger to ourselves all evening) but I was a better tosser than he (?).
I came home from work after a computing meeting to find the two boys playing Chess. Ben won twice!
Today is World Book Day. Here are the two 3M boys Extreme Reading. This led me to think of a new game Puddle Whack. You get a huge piece of cardboard from Bud, cut head-size holes out of it, one for each Puddler. Each child kneels below the cardboard which is magically suspended at a certain height (higher than each child kneeling down). Each adult, one per Puddler, drinks sufficient alcohol. If the adult is Dave or Carron, and never drinks, they are allowed to do the "Head on the Broom Stick" trick to appear intoxicated. Then Puddlers start randomly popping up their heads. Adults try to hit their own children with a foam whacker. Three points if you hit your own child, only two points if you hit another child. After two minutes the adult with the most points wins, or the child who goes to A&E first, whichever occurs first.
1
Half-term saw two Lego events. The first, and by far cheaper, one was Shipbuilding in the Dockyard. Taking two buses, we attended with Max n Bud. They Legoed, having been observed by some Captain with scrambled egg on his shoulders, and saw pals from school. We watched and I saw kids from school. We Extreme Picnicked outside and made our way back via one bus to Max's house for - guess what - more Legoing. Well again, Bud and I chatted and drank tea. Another bus got us home in time for tea. The second, more expensive, Lego event was the film. We liked it, but we can't say too much about it as Glynn hasn't seen it.
Nana and Grandad visited us, hoping to see a football match but guess what? Waterlogged pitches. Just for a change. They've only played one match this year!
I had a little planned procedure at QA hospital after half-term which meant I had to wear these lovely flight socks. Ben and Glynn looked after me very well, but these socks really annoyed me when my toes started poking out.
My university gang got together to celebrate Katie's wedding to the lovely Phil at the end of March. I wasn't feeling 100% but we did have a laugh and the day was as beautiful as the bride (and her baby daughter). Ben stayed at home as Grandma and Grandpa were visiting, having gone to Grandma's cousin's husband's funeral (Ken). We swapped houses!
We caught up with Nana and Grandad - happy birthday Dad!
Shrove Tuesday. I remembered a bit late so we had to have them after swimming. But oh my, they were awesome (helped by the blue milk Grandpa left I think). Lemon and sugar for me, honey for Ben. Ben did a fair bit of tossing (yes we did snigger to ourselves all evening) but I was a better tosser than he (?).
I came home from work after a computing meeting to find the two boys playing Chess. Ben won twice!
Today is World Book Day. Here are the two 3M boys Extreme Reading. This led me to think of a new game Puddle Whack. You get a huge piece of cardboard from Bud, cut head-size holes out of it, one for each Puddler. Each child kneels below the cardboard which is magically suspended at a certain height (higher than each child kneeling down). Each adult, one per Puddler, drinks sufficient alcohol. If the adult is Dave or Carron, and never drinks, they are allowed to do the "Head on the Broom Stick" trick to appear intoxicated. Then Puddlers start randomly popping up their heads. Adults try to hit their own children with a foam whacker. Three points if you hit your own child, only two points if you hit another child. After two minutes the adult with the most points wins, or the child who goes to A&E first, whichever occurs first.
1






