FACTS A cub hike was suggested a while ago. I asked Ben if he was interested, he said he was, and so I informed Balou. A few weeks later, after someone else had dropped Ben off at cubs, and his dad had picked him up, he told me that cubs going on the hike had to stay behind. I said "Why didn't you? I told Balou you wanted to go on it." He replied "You never told me I was interested!"
FELINE FACTS Our newly-purchased guinea pigs were being stared out the first morning after we got them - by a cat. Ben decided action was needed and wanted to make a sign. He asked me "Can cats look and read? Can they understand pictures?" I said "No" but actually, how do we actually know they can't?!
FAIRIES Ben visited the dentist to have a cracked tooth out. He was very good, I never used the word "brave" as I didn't want to associate it with pain - I'd had a terrible dentist for years and am still mentally scarred. One day and £5 from the Tooth Fairy later, he asked me if I'd put the money under his pillow, to which I replied in the negative. I hadn't, it had been his dad! He then asked me if the Tooth Fairy was real. I just knew that he was really asking me, and that he could take thetooth truth. I said "If I told you she wasn't real, would you be upset?" He said "That's ok." So I told him to ask Dad. He did, and then when Glynn said he did put the money under his pillow, Ben made that YESSSS sound, pulling his fist down! I think we made the right move.
FOOTBALL His first football tournament ended today, two weeks at Front Lawn Rec - six games and three goals! Last week, we won the first match 10, but lost the other two 2-0 and 5-0. We qualified to go through to this week, although we wouldn't be up for silverware! This week we played teams "better suited to our level" and lost the first game 1-0, won the second 1-0 with another stunning run from Ben producing a perfect finish from a tight angle, then lost the last game 2-1 but Jamie's goal was brilliant - an individual run, finished with an excellent top corner strike. They got their medals, well deserved.
Ben, Lewis and Jamie were asked to fill in positions left by the Elite team who couldn't make it. They played two games of 10 minutes each way. Lewis went in goal for the first, but the team didn't look as lively as our Premier had to be honest. They didn't look hungry. Ben and Jamie went on and did us proud despite losing 2-0. The second game saw Ben in goal and Jamie in defense. We despaired as Jamie is up front usually! But he was awesome in goal and left Ben with nothing to do! The game ended a no score draw, and went to penalties. Ben scored our only penalty goal, but they just beat us 2-1. A great game and Ade should be proud of our boys. Double medals for them!
FELINE FACTS Our newly-purchased guinea pigs were being stared out the first morning after we got them - by a cat. Ben decided action was needed and wanted to make a sign. He asked me "Can cats look and read? Can they understand pictures?" I said "No" but actually, how do we actually know they can't?!
FAIRIES Ben visited the dentist to have a cracked tooth out. He was very good, I never used the word "brave" as I didn't want to associate it with pain - I'd had a terrible dentist for years and am still mentally scarred. One day and £5 from the Tooth Fairy later, he asked me if I'd put the money under his pillow, to which I replied in the negative. I hadn't, it had been his dad! He then asked me if the Tooth Fairy was real. I just knew that he was really asking me, and that he could take the
FOOTBALL His first football tournament ended today, two weeks at Front Lawn Rec - six games and three goals! Last week, we won the first match 10, but lost the other two 2-0 and 5-0. We qualified to go through to this week, although we wouldn't be up for silverware! This week we played teams "better suited to our level" and lost the first game 1-0, won the second 1-0 with another stunning run from Ben producing a perfect finish from a tight angle, then lost the last game 2-1 but Jamie's goal was brilliant - an individual run, finished with an excellent top corner strike. They got their medals, well deserved.
Ben, Lewis and Jamie were asked to fill in positions left by the Elite team who couldn't make it. They played two games of 10 minutes each way. Lewis went in goal for the first, but the team didn't look as lively as our Premier had to be honest. They didn't look hungry. Ben and Jamie went on and did us proud despite losing 2-0. The second game saw Ben in goal and Jamie in defense. We despaired as Jamie is up front usually! But he was awesome in goal and left Ben with nothing to do! The game ended a no score draw, and went to penalties. Ben scored our only penalty goal, but they just beat us 2-1. A great game and Ade should be proud of our boys. Double medals for them!
Comments