On Saturday, Ben had asked if Professor Mungleton could come play. Agreed, as this was a good payback for the extended Wednesday sesh that Ben had chez Mungles this week. I picked him up after football; Ben had already got his Lego ready, after their Lego effort mid-week.
We are about to swap Ben's bedroom for the spare room, so that Ben can have a more grown-up room. The spare room will hold all his toys and a squishy chairbed, and his own bedroom will have a double bed and his grown-up toys, like the Xbox he is saving up for.
Sitting in my easy room, I look at all of Ben's toys in the Ikea stacking box shelving system that we've collected over the years. Downsizing after the Fisher Price era, you know the walker, the trolley, the indoor trike; then on to large Postman Pat figures; then smaller Ben10 figures and Lego Heroes; Lego itself. His books got smaller (but thicker) and there is less "stuff" in the Stuff Box. Guns now live in a box at the end of his bed, and I don't think he's played with them for months.
And now it's his scooting, his tablet, TV, reading and collecting cards. Did I say football? Football on the tablet, on the TV, reading football magazines and books, and the ubiquitous Match Attax cards (don't get me started on where we keep the swapsies).
When Ben has friends to play, it affords me time to do chores and general house stuff. In this instance, I did all my French and Coding planning for the week, and made chocolate buns. I heard them playing. They were Legoing a gold mine. They were acting the mine owners, Max seemed to know a lot about gold ore. Then they switched to the already-built Lego Star Wars ships and it was then I heard it. That dft dft dft dft that only kids do, except I couldn't even do it as a child. They were running around the easy room, space ship in hand, making the bombing noise and looking exactly like the eight year olds they actually are. Now where's that X Wing? I'm sure he left it around here somewhere.
We are about to swap Ben's bedroom for the spare room, so that Ben can have a more grown-up room. The spare room will hold all his toys and a squishy chairbed, and his own bedroom will have a double bed and his grown-up toys, like the Xbox he is saving up for.
Sitting in my easy room, I look at all of Ben's toys in the Ikea stacking box shelving system that we've collected over the years. Downsizing after the Fisher Price era, you know the walker, the trolley, the indoor trike; then on to large Postman Pat figures; then smaller Ben10 figures and Lego Heroes; Lego itself. His books got smaller (but thicker) and there is less "stuff" in the Stuff Box. Guns now live in a box at the end of his bed, and I don't think he's played with them for months. And now it's his scooting, his tablet, TV, reading and collecting cards. Did I say football? Football on the tablet, on the TV, reading football magazines and books, and the ubiquitous Match Attax cards (don't get me started on where we keep the swapsies).
When Ben has friends to play, it affords me time to do chores and general house stuff. In this instance, I did all my French and Coding planning for the week, and made chocolate buns. I heard them playing. They were Legoing a gold mine. They were acting the mine owners, Max seemed to know a lot about gold ore. Then they switched to the already-built Lego Star Wars ships and it was then I heard it. That dft dft dft dft that only kids do, except I couldn't even do it as a child. They were running around the easy room, space ship in hand, making the bombing noise and looking exactly like the eight year olds they actually are. Now where's that X Wing? I'm sure he left it around here somewhere.
Comments