Ben has just come off a week's ban on all things electrical. Of course he tried it on - "Mum I can't get in the shower, it's electric." The cause of the ban was moaning about football. If it had been entirely up to me, I'd have banned him from being in a team. Ever.
During this week we played cards, he made a paper skittle game and he read. He admitted he loved it. Only on two short occasions did he moan about the ban - when he realised his Clan (Clash of Clans?) would be dead.
So now we're back on the one hour a night screen time with the possibility of an extra 30 minutes earned through marbles (in turn earned from "good" behaviour). But tonight he overdosed while I was marking, so I told him he wouldn't be able to do the same tomorrow.
Results so far? Apart from a superb school report, he had excellent behavioural reports from football and was even made captain for the match, which is based on behaviour only, and which he hasn't had since the first week of the season.
