Dear Ben,
As with any other year, this year you had quite a lot of birthday money. After the excitement of buying your mini rocker at Christmas, what could you want for your birthday? I know it's such a pain having your special day so soon after Christmas. It's all our fault, I know. Bad planning. Well you were early, so that's kinda your own fault eh?
We decided to take you shopping on your actual birthday, after a weekend of celebrations. Nana and Grandad came along for the ride, as they like shopping too. We went into: Sports Direct, JD Sports, Game. Yes I think that was it. Just those three shops. I'd imagined you spending your money like this:
- £50 on Pokemon cards
- £50 on footballs
But no, you surprised us! I bought you a Hype t shirt and joggers, but you bought sensible gifts including two games for your X-Box and sports wear (NOT football kits, repeat NOT football kits). You listened to us! We even managed to dissuade you from buying yet more school shoes. (Yes I now we should be grateful that you are willing to spend your own money on school shoes, but you don't actually need them, and we are happy to buy them for you! I know you don't like the Addidas ones we bought in October, you liked them at the time...)
This all shows that you are actually growing up and not only trying to be sensible yourself, but also listening to us.
Love Mum x (who doesn't yet know if she regrets allowing you to buy two 12 and 16 X-Box games - the staff in Game said you can tone down the violence with a slider, to which you replied, "So I could turn it up?")
As with any other year, this year you had quite a lot of birthday money. After the excitement of buying your mini rocker at Christmas, what could you want for your birthday? I know it's such a pain having your special day so soon after Christmas. It's all our fault, I know. Bad planning. Well you were early, so that's kinda your own fault eh?
We decided to take you shopping on your actual birthday, after a weekend of celebrations. Nana and Grandad came along for the ride, as they like shopping too. We went into: Sports Direct, JD Sports, Game. Yes I think that was it. Just those three shops. I'd imagined you spending your money like this:
- £50 on Pokemon cards
- £50 on footballs
But no, you surprised us! I bought you a Hype t shirt and joggers, but you bought sensible gifts including two games for your X-Box and sports wear (NOT football kits, repeat NOT football kits). You listened to us! We even managed to dissuade you from buying yet more school shoes. (Yes I now we should be grateful that you are willing to spend your own money on school shoes, but you don't actually need them, and we are happy to buy them for you! I know you don't like the Addidas ones we bought in October, you liked them at the time...)
This all shows that you are actually growing up and not only trying to be sensible yourself, but also listening to us.
Love Mum x (who doesn't yet know if she regrets allowing you to buy two 12 and 16 X-Box games - the staff in Game said you can tone down the violence with a slider, to which you replied, "So I could turn it up?")
Comments