
Ode to Packed Lunch
There once was a perfect packed lunch
Full of lovely things to much
Bags of crisps, pots of grapes
Snacks of all sizes and shapes
But now you've gone, thanks a bunch
For years I haven't actually made you
He did it all himself, on cue
Tightly packed wraps of ham
As much as he could cram
And the healthy stuff he could eschew
As for bringing the rubbish home
Opening your lunch box, I'd always moan
It was seen as a sin
To put wrappers in the bin
So we knew what you'd eaten, grrr, groan
Now you've moved schools in year seven
You think you're in lunchtime heaven
Pizza slices, bacon baps
No more healthy brown wraps
How many iced buns now? Eleven?
So I'm no longer in control
Perhaps I need a little mole
To see what you've eaten
For now I feel beaten
Oh go on, have that sausage roll.