Dear Ben,
This is the 8th Easter holidays we've had and what a difference. In your first year in reception, you spent a few days at the YMCA (click here to check how I messed up your swimming!). Five years ago, we went to London and then a week in Cornwall seeing family. I can't even remember last year.
This year, we dragged you to London, but you've mostly amused yourself, going out to MacD on your bike with your mates, organising pitches to play footie on all day, or just chilling out playing the old XBox. This year has been different, because when you've been out, I've also gone out to meet my friends. So we've both experienced freedom this year! Result.
Here's a quick run down:
You actually played like a child again with two of your mates, at an Easter Egg Hunt in the park. It was lovely to see you flinging mud off sticks at each other, even if you were playing physical Fortnite!
We dragged you out for a Family Walk (which you HATE as they're POINTLESS) but you wolfed down your fish and chips at the cafe, didn't you?
This is our London trip. We dragged you around Regent's Park and The Tate Modern, but you really enjoyed the Dungeons and the Tower, as it fed into some of the history you'd been studying.
We know you love shoes, but you also love clothes. But the right clothes, not Primark ones, obviously! You spent the rest of your birthday money on a tracksuit (oh how much do I love tracksuits). We bought you a new coat, because we're just pleased you will actually wear a flipping coat nowadays. And here you are in Dad's work coat, which you love cos it's North Face.
Here you are, not in your default position of your bedroom, but decamped to the front room. XBoxing. Now, we've introduced The Contract, see later post for details. I wonder, when I come back to write about this first summer term, how much of the Contract we'll have stuck to? Wait and see!
I hope you've had a great Easter break, I know I have. Thanks for spending some quality time with us.
Lots of love,
Mum xxx
This is the 8th Easter holidays we've had and what a difference. In your first year in reception, you spent a few days at the YMCA (click here to check how I messed up your swimming!). Five years ago, we went to London and then a week in Cornwall seeing family. I can't even remember last year.
This year, we dragged you to London, but you've mostly amused yourself, going out to MacD on your bike with your mates, organising pitches to play footie on all day, or just chilling out playing the old XBox. This year has been different, because when you've been out, I've also gone out to meet my friends. So we've both experienced freedom this year! Result.
Here's a quick run down: You actually played like a child again with two of your mates, at an Easter Egg Hunt in the park. It was lovely to see you flinging mud off sticks at each other, even if you were playing physical Fortnite!
We dragged you out for a Family Walk (which you HATE as they're POINTLESS) but you wolfed down your fish and chips at the cafe, didn't you?
This is our London trip. We dragged you around Regent's Park and The Tate Modern, but you really enjoyed the Dungeons and the Tower, as it fed into some of the history you'd been studying.
We know you love shoes, but you also love clothes. But the right clothes, not Primark ones, obviously! You spent the rest of your birthday money on a tracksuit (oh how much do I love tracksuits). We bought you a new coat, because we're just pleased you will actually wear a flipping coat nowadays. And here you are in Dad's work coat, which you love cos it's North Face.
Here you are, not in your default position of your bedroom, but decamped to the front room. XBoxing. Now, we've introduced The Contract, see later post for details. I wonder, when I come back to write about this first summer term, how much of the Contract we'll have stuck to? Wait and see!
I hope you've had a great Easter break, I know I have. Thanks for spending some quality time with us.
Lots of love,
Mum xxx





